Laclede Gas image

Main Navigation

Laclede Gas

Utility Navigation

Where am I?

Questions and Complaints


If you have a question or complaint about the amount of your gas bill, please call us during regular business hours and we will do our best to resolve the issue.

When a dispute is settled in your favor, we will promptly credit your account or return any money owed to you.

When a dispute is settled in our favor, you must pay the disputed amount.

If you have a dispute that is not resolved immediately, you must pay the amount not in dispute – which may be based on your past usage under similar conditions. You must pay this amount within four business days from the date you register your dispute or by the delinquent date of the bill.

If you cannot pay the amount owed, you may enter into a settlement agreement. Based on your individual circumstances, the agreement will allow you to apply the amount due over a reasonable period of time. If the settlement agreement extends beyond 60 days, we will put it in writing and send you a copy.

You must notify us at least 24 hours prior to the date of a proposed service disconnection that you have a dispute about your bill to avoid disconnection.

Our Customer Service representatives are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Just call (314) 621-6960 (toll calls: 1-800-887-4173).


The Missouri Public Service Commission
We are a public utility subject to the regulations of the Missouri Public Service Commission. If your dispute is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may register an informal complaint with the Commission.

Informal complaints should be in writing and sent to the offices of the Commission.

Missouri Public Service Commission
P.O. Box 360
Jefferson City, MO 65102

Give your name, address, name of utility, nature of complaint, relief expected and tell them if you have tried to resolve the problem with the utility.

The Commission Staff will attempt to resolve the matter. If no resolution is achieved, the Commission Staff will advise both parties of their recommendation. If either party finds the recommendation unacceptable, then either may file a formal complaint per the Commission Rules of Practice.

Call the Office of the Public Counsel

The office of the Public Counsel works to represent the interests of utility customers in proceedings before and appeals from the Public Service Commission. To contact the Office of the Public Counsel, call or write them at:

P.O. Box 7800
Jefferson City, MO 65102
(573) 751-4857

Go back to main content | Go back to main navigation

Footer Navigation

Footer Utility Navigation

Copyright © Laclede Gas Company      All rights reserved.

Go back to main content Go back to main navigation