Media Line: if you're a member of the media and would like to speak with us regarding a news story, please call us at 314-342-3300.
January 27, 2016
ST. LOUIS (January 27, 2016) –Laclede Gas customers are reporting that people claiming to be Laclede Gas employees have tried to gain entry into homes to access a gas meter or obtain payment. Unfortunately, when the temperatures drop, there’s an upswing in scams targeting utility customers so Laclede is issuing this safety alert to protect customers and share safety tips.
“You can always trust that safety is number one at Laclede Gas. If someone ever asks you for money for Laclede Gas, it’s a scam. Laclede Gas technicians will not ask for payment at your home. Our technicians wear photo ID badges and drive in marked company vehicles. We hope customers are on alert and call Laclede directly if they feel uncomfortable about a suspicious call, an email or a visit at the front door regarding natural gas service. When you call us we’ll verify whether or not we’ve sent a technician to your home. If we didn’t, we’ll contact the police and stay on the phone with you until you feel safe.” said Al Moore, director of security for Laclede Gas.
Tips to Keep Customers Safe:
· Laclede Gas will never request payment at your home.
· Laclede Gas employees wear photo I.D. badges and drive marked company vehicles.
· Do not provide your social security number, credit card, debit card or bank account information to anyone claiming to be a Laclede Gas representative at your home or through email.
· If you encounter suspicious behavior by someone claiming to be a Laclede Gas technician at your home, call Laclede Gas Customer Service directly at 314-621-6960 or 800-877-4173.
· If you receive a call from someone claiming to be a Laclede Gas representative and feel uncomfortable, hang up and call Laclede Gas Customer Service directly at 314-621-6960 or 800-877-4173.
· You can confirm your current account balance anytime through Laclede’s automated phone system by calling 314-621-6960 or 800-877-4173.
· You should notify Laclede Gas and your local police department to report any suspicious activity.
LACLEDE GAS COMPANY
The Laclede Gas Company has provided safe and reliable natural gas service to Missouri for more than 150 years. Now including customers from Missouri Gas Energy, we are the largest gas distribution company in Missouri, delivering some of the nation’s cleanest energy to more than 1.13 million customers. Laclede serves residential, commercial and industrial customers in St. Louis and Kansas City metropolitan areas and 40 counties throughout Missouri. Laclede Gas Company is a subsidiary of The Laclede Group, Inc., traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol LG. For more information, please visit www.LacledeGas.com.
Copyright © echo date('Y'); ?> Laclede Gas Company All rights reserved.