Media Line: if you're a member of the media and would like to speak with us regarding a news story, please call us at 314-342-3300.
November 02, 2012
ST. LOUIS (November 2, 2012) - On Sunday, November 4, Daylight Savings Time ends. When turning back clocks this weekend, Laclede Gas Company encourages everyone to change the batteries in their carbon monoxide detectors.
Don’t have a carbon monoxide detector? Now is the time to get one. Carbon monoxide is produced by the incomplete burning of fuel. These fuel sources are often used in the winter including furnaces, portable generators, stoves, lanterns, gas ranges, vehicles or burning charcoal or wood.
Slightly lighter than air - you cannot see, smell or taste carbon monoxide. While properly working gas appliances are safe, your first line of defense against carbon monoxide is to have annual appliance inspections.
Tips to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning:
Know the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning:
If you have these symptoms, go outside to fresh air and call your local fire department immediately.
For more safety tips visit, LacledeGas.com/safety.
Laclede Gas Media Line
Copyright © 2013 Laclede Gas Company All rights reserved.